More status! Of things! Possibly stuff!
Still doing far too much gaming. Not much art has even crossed my mind as much sadly...
I just bought a new gaming PC... Haven't really played anything on it yet, but I will be soon.
Core i7-4790K @4.00GHz
Geforce GTX 970
16 GB DDR3
3 TB HD
My friend has gotten me back into Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and now that I am in G rank, things are starting to actually matter. Armor sets won't need to be replaced by a a newer version of itself, weapons are reaching their final levels, and newer monster are popping up. Kind of refreshing really.
I am now REALLY looking forward to the Destiny DLC House of Wolves... Some of the big new changes are very welcome... Though sadly, a lot of Legendary stuff I liked from long ago have long since been broken down... But at least it's nice that new stuff will still be able to reach maximum light levels no matter if they are special legendaries or not. The lack of a new Raid does not bother me at all, because I've never had a group to go do the current 2... Except cheesing Crota's first two parts. Though the new 3 person PvE content is nice as it will have decent rewards as well, on top of money, marks and rep.
Batman Arkham Knight also seems to have other playable characters... Which is awesome, since I love Nightwing. He's always been my favorite of the Bat-Family.
Now, as for The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
I thought it was good. Not great. I don't know what that extra hour had in it that they removed... But hopefully it will fix some of the issues I had with it... but it can't fix the most glaring one for me. But here's a few of my thoughts:
- Fell TOO jam packed full of info/characters/action scenes. That extra hour of removed content could have helped... But this is he movie they gave us, and judging it based on "What if's" is not logical at this point.
- Some odd time lapse's. Just a few parts felt like there was missing content before it moved on.
- Iron Man Mk 45... Where did it come from? For half of the movie Stark is using the Mk 43. There isn't even a mention of a new suit, or why it might be special at all (if it is). Not that I wanted this to be another Iron Man centric movie, as it almost was doing that itself...
- The whole Hulk/Black Widow relationship just didn't feel right. There were a few good lines, but overall it felt very tacked on.
- Thor's "vision quest". Another part that just felt tacked on. Did not feel like it really needed to be there, and then awkwardly brought in information about the infinity stones.
- And the worst part... the final battle seemed too much like the end of the first movie. Heroes vs large group of disposable minions. There are other ways to do a big climax.
Things I liked:
- Vision. Yeah, he was pretty cool.
- War Machine. I liked that it was a bit more of a simple cameo. It's just weird that in his cameo, he had more time in armor than he did through all of Iron Man 3.
- The Twins were ok. They did have a very propaganda fueled hatred for Stark, but did kind of turn pretty quick after learning some truths.
- Ultron... yeah, he was better than I was hoping for. the original Ultron is a very, very, VERY angry robot. Making Ultron have a sense of humor, and almost some humanity in his acting (even if it was just Ultron acting) was still nice.
Next move for me is probably going to be Jurassic World.
So I guess we will see where we go from there...